Income Tax Filing

Filing Income Taxes

The Difference Between a SSN and an ITIN

By Claire Wilson, Director, Low Income Taxpayer Clinic

The Social Security Number (SSN) and the Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) are government-issued numbers. By law, an individual cannot have both an SSN and an ITIN. Although the two have certain common characteristics, they are also quite different.

Volunteer Income Tax Assistance at Arkansas Children's Hospital

During tax season, Volunteer Income Tax Assisance (VITA) will be available at Arkansas Children's Hospital. Certified volunteers offer free income tax help to low-to-moderate income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns.

Claiming a Boyfriend/Girlfriend as a Dependent

Can I Claim a Boyfriend/Girlfriend As a Dependent on Income Taxes?

You can claim a boyfriend or girlfriend as a dependent on your federal income taxes if that person meets the Internal Revenue Service's definition of a "qualifying relative."

Tax Assistance in Arkansas

The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) offers free tax help to low- to moderate-income people who cannot prepare their own tax returns. 

Income Tax Fact Sheets & Resources

Legal Aid of Arkansas is a key partner in developing a broad range of legal resources. Many of these resources are posted on the Arkansas Legal Services Partnership website.

Follow the link below to visit the Consumer Law Resource Center - Income Tax Overview section on the ALSP website or select a fact sheet from the list below.